Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Book Three: The Triumph of the Scarlet Pimpernel

The Formal
Plot: Chauvalin and Robespierre are once again trying to lure The Scarlet Pimpernel in to be captured this time using a woman to try and get under his protective awesomeness.
Age Suggestion: Teens and up This is pretty intense stuff. Nothing objectionable though just a lot of suspense.
Rating: Eight out of ten.
The Informal

We must blame the lateness of this post on the business of my life. I had time to blog but reviewing for some reason is harder for me then just sitting down and writing a normal blog post so though i continued to read my book review's got pushed farther and farther to the back of my mind.

Anyways this book was wonderful. There was this one part where Percy is helping some young hotheads escape the will of the people and it was like so totally awesome my mouth was hanging open at the end of the scene. Superman? pfff! Give me Percy and chocolate.

The cravat scene! You all know the scene above from the movie? Well it's in this book! Almost exactly the same words. I love when Percy and Chauvalin have a face off. Unfortunately this revue must be cut short because I read the book over two days about three months a go and I don't remember much. To make up for it I will direct you to the awesomest Percy blog Evah where you can here me and my sister sing about the wonderfulness of the pimpernel.

No comments: